Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day


Samuel is in Michigan with his beautiful wife and daughter. Christina's job keeps her at church on Sundays. Caroline is in Honduras. William is on the way to California to see his girlfriend. James is on the road with the National Guard. I heard from each of my children via letter or phone call today and I appreciate that SO much. But the children that let me hug them today in person, and who joined me at the Mexican Restaurant for my Mother's Day meal were boys that I share with other mothers that live on the continent of Africa. Thank you, moms of Victor and Dennis, for sharing your sons with me for a year. And thank you, Victor and Dennis, for making this Mother's Day special just by being here.

5 comments:

  1. That's so sweet. Happy Mother's Day!

    & I LOVE the picture. You're on the step and they stillllll tower over you. Fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Addendum: At supper, they both gave me sweet cards that they had chosen and then written a personal note in, as well as a stepping stone for the garden. Victor even wrote me a sonnet! So sweet.

    ReplyDelete