Tuesday, October 20, 2009

SNOW!


I had been very carefully pointing out the signs of the changing seasons so Victor and Dennis would not miss them: the drying crops, the colorful leaves, the delayed sun in the morning. I was so looking forward to the coming of winter and watching them experience snow for the first time. I was imagining their reaction, their surprise, their wonder. And then........I missed it. Only God knew that it would snow on October 10 when we would be in Michigan with our son and daughter-in-law and they would be in Iowa with my husband's brother and family. So I will just have to keep imagining what it was like, though sister-in-law Linda gave a wonderful description of big, round eyes, repeated "No Way!" comments, snow angels, and snowball fights. I can't wait to help them welcome spring!

2 comments:

  1. Hello Nichols family, Victor and Dennis!

    I'm so happy to hear that the first snowfall went well! I'm in Cairo right now, so I'm sure when I come back to the midwest it is going to be an adjustment for me as well!

    I'm so happy that Ashley pointed me in the direction of this blog! I may not be an Intern anymore, but you great kids - I mean - young adults :) are always with me!

    Best,

    Jeanna Bauer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to have you, Jeanna! Maybe we can meet you when you come back to Iowa.

    ReplyDelete