Sunday, November 22, 2009

How do they see us?

I'd like to be a fly on the wall this weekend when the IRIS students are getting together in Waterloo. What are they talking about? Being teenagers, I think that it is very probable that they may be comparing their host parents, their rooms, their schools, their new friends. Certainly they are talking about family rules and siblings and school activities. Can't you just imagine the stories and the conversations? Well, I can. If I were a fly on the wall..........

"What? Your mom doesn't make you breakfast?? Mine fixes pancakes or waffles every morning. Sure wish I could have some cereal!" Or- "Does your dad keep trying to get you to eat everything in sight?? I think I've gained 10 pounds already!" Or- "Your mom washes your clothes?? You have your own room? You have to clean your bathroom??"


I can't wait to hear about their weekend. Hopefully, they will still be glad that they are living with us after hearing about the other families. Whatever they are thinking, I know they will be glad to get home and we will be glad to see them. And that's enough for me, regardless of the stories I'm sure they told about us this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment