Thursday, September 24, 2009

Culture Shock

We are looking forward to taking the boys to the ISU Cyclone game Saturday. I can only imagine what new things they will see. While they may be familiar, at least in theory, with the craziness a soccer crowd can exhibit, I wonder if they will be ready for a night game at Jack Trice Stadium. For example, how does one explain tail-gating (a family tradition)? How do I prepare them for the noise level? The multi-media onslaught? The frenetic over-stimulation? The unruly crowds? I guess I won't even try. We will only get to go to one game this year- and I definitely think it's part of the American experience that they should........experience. Maybe no explanation is necessary. I'll let you know how it goes.

1 comment:

  1. How did the boys like the game? I wish I could have seen you all!!

    ReplyDelete